Philippe’s passion for physiotherapy comes from his love of all sports, having participated at a high level in tennis, swimming and AFL. He also enjoys golf, water polo, basketball, football, touch rugby and skiing. His first-hand experience of an ACL reconstruction enables him to relate to his patients on an empathetic level, whilst understanding the rehabilitation process on a personal level.
Philippe graduated from The University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) in 2010. He received a Graduate position at Royal North Shore Hospital which included rotations in Musculoskeletal, Plaster Casting, Emergency, Neurological rehabilitation, Multi-trauma, Spinal and Orthopaedic Physiotherapy.
In 2020, Philippe has commenced his Masters of Sports Medicine at The University of Melbourne and will continue to work towards his goal of becoming an APA Sports and Exercise Titled Physiotherapist.
Philippe has extensive experience working with professional and high-level athletes, in particular as Head Physiotherapist for:
– The Inaugural Sydney Roosters NRLW 2018 team
– Gordon Rugby Intrust Super Shute Shield 2018/2019 season
– Northern Fury Football National Premier League Team in 2014/2015
– The Sydney Roosters Rugby League Academy teams – Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Tarsha Gale Cup from 2015 to 2018
– NSW City Women’s Rugby League – National Championships 2018
Other sporting physiotherapy experiences include:
– Inaugural NSW Women’s State of Origin 2018 Premiership winning team – Team Physiotherapist
– NSW Origin Pathways Rugby League Women, 16s and 18s teams in 2018
– Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018 – Basketball Physiotherapist
– Townsville Crocodile and Fire NBL and WNBL players
– Australian Female Waterpolo team 2017
Philippe has a special interest in treating Rugby injuries, ACL rehabilitation and prevention and shoulder Reconstructions from post-op to return to sport.
Philippe is excited to join Coast Sport and is looking forward to enjoying the Central Coast lifestyle but most importantly, bringing his extensive experience in sports physiotherapy and helping you achieve your goals in rehabilitation and optimal performance.
Recently, Philippe has been appointed Head Physiotherapist for the CCRU Representative team.
Philippe is excited to bring his extensive experience working with professional and semi-professional rugby programs to the Central Coast.
Philippe’s area’s of interest include:
Injuries: ACL rehabilitation and prevention, knee injuries, shoulder reconstructions, shoulder injuries
Sports: Rugby league, rugby union, basketball, waterpolo, tennis, swimming, golf
Book an appointment today by calling 4356 2588 or book online via the button below.